I was nominated for an award! Thank you fluffymao of “The Mayfields” and “The Diabolical Legacy”
This is my first blogger award and I’m so proud. Ok so the way it works is the person nominated is given a set of questions by the person who nominated them, and then they nominate 5-10 other blogs who have under 200 followers. Then you need to go tell the nominees they’ve been nominated and add a link to your post.
Ok so on to the questions!
- What is your favorite animal? The elephant, though I have a soft spot for dogs and cats.
- What is something you’re passionate about? Something you really believe in? Umm… I am passionate about mental health awareness, ending the stigma around it. I talk openly about my struggles with mental illness and hope that through my efforts both on the net and in RL I have inspired someone to reach out for help if they are struggling. I make it no secret that I have PTSD and have suffered substance abuse as well as self harm tendencies. This is something really close to my heart, I am constantly posting stuff on Facebook and twitter about mental illness and how to get help, what to do if a friend is suffering, I make it know that anyone I know if they are in trouble can reach out to me. Yeah so that’s what I’m passionate about. 🙂
- How and when did you first come across the Sims? I think I was about 12 or a similar age, I can’t remember. I got introduced to the sims through my brothers who played Sim City. It was like I found my purpose in life, like the heavens opened up and angels started to sing. In later years I had it on the PC as well as the xbox, the xbox was funny because you were only allowed so much stuff in your house and if you had too much it would randomly burst into flame (as in items in the house). I absolutely hate the Sims 4, I bought it and tried to return it or trade it in but they wouldn’t accept it, they don’t accept trade ins on PC games because of that stupid activation code. I’m a hardcore 3 girl and always will be. It’s my favourite of the series and I hope they keep updating it forever.
- What’s your preferred means of entertainment: books, movies, videogames, etc? I’d say books and movies. I have a special connection to Alice in Wonderland, I collect copies, different editions, I have 12. I’m getting a Cheshire cat tattoo in a few weeks which will be the first of many Alice themed tattoos. I also love old movies, I have a particular fondness for Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire. “Funny Face” and “Breakfast at Tiffanys” are two of my favourite movies.
- Tea or coffee…or hot cocoa? Tea, English Breakfast or green tea. I have this awesome pink tea that’s strawberry flavoured and it makes the water go a bright red colour, it’s amazing. It’s called “strawberries and cream” 😀
- Favorite food? That’s a toughy. I love rice, I eat bowls of plain steamed rice. I love spaghetti Bolognese, I love love love Korean and Thai food and of course cake 😀 I also really love fruit, especially stone fruit. It’s nearly summer here in Australia which means ALL THE STONE FRUIT!
- What is a quality you like in a partner? Humour. My partner of 3 yrs (we have been friends for 8yrs) always manages to make me laugh. Even if I’m in a foul mood he’ll make a stupid joke or something and pretty soon I’ll be laughing and forgetting why I was upset in the first place. Looks fade, personality stays.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Italy ❤ I’ve always wanted to go there, my mum went when I was a baby and had a blast. Otherwise I’m pretty happy in Australia.
- Can you believe it’s not butter? Yes, I can. And I can also believe it isn’t ice cream.
- When was the last time you played hookey (from work, school…significant others)? About two weeks ago I played hookey from my group therapy by calling in sick and going out with my best friend instead. I just didn’t want to go. I still don’t like going but I have to
- What do you when you sit down to write? Do you get your mind ready in certain ways? I just have to be in the mood to be honest. Like the other day I was having a bad day, I was at home and had nothing to do so I booted up the sims to work on my next chapter but after about 10mins I shut it down and went and had a nap. I just wasn’t in the right head space for it. So yeah I have to be in the right mind frame to write or I just sit there staring at the screen for god knows how long.
OK! That’s all the questions answered! Now to nominate some blogs and write my own questions!
Blogs I nominate (trying not to double up on people):
- I Hope to Be Surrounded by Idiots
- The Hartfields
- Brain of Ivane
- Not Just a Book
- Ties That Bind Us
- The Racket-Rotter Chronicles
- The Diabolical Legacy
- The Drake Family Secrets
And my questions are:
- What do you enjoy most about writing?
- What’s your favourite medium, typed or paper/pen?
- Do you have any pets?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Favourite candy?
- Have you received this award before?
- What computer do you use, Mac or PC?
- How much do you use social media?
- Do you object to adult themes in stories (Sims blogs only)?
- Favourite musician?
- What country do you live in?
Thanks for reading!